Sunday, August 25, 2013

Standing and stacking training

The puppies love their standing and stacking training, because it means treats.  They run over to the table we use for training, and put their front paws up on it when it's their turn to train.  They are looking really nice, but we have a long way to go on training.  They have all of their shots now, so we will be going out in public a lot with them coming up.  We took them to Tractor Supply last week, and they had a blast touring the store, smelling all the animal food, toys, and treats.  And, of course being the rare creatures that Dalmatians are around here, everybody had to stop and admire them.  Jackie went up tail wagging to everybody, Dodger not so much.  I think he thought he was going to have to get more shots, if he was too friendly.  We will be working on that, he will be going to lots of places and meeting lots of people.  Puppy training classes starting next week for six weeks, and an AKC puppy match in October, and taking them camping in October. 

Here are some stacking training pictures from this weekend.
Dodger (LLL Victory Dodge Ram)
 

Jackie (LLL Victory Hit the Jackpot)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. so gorgeous!! CC goes into delirious joy when he meets people-- he cries, literally, with happiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL of your dogs are simply stunning!!

    I love following your blog (we have a lot of similar interests; dogs, horses and motorcycles)! Makes me miss my Dalmation!

    Although, I'd love to read more about your coach training; I find those entries fascinating. It was something I'd always been curious about with my own Dalmation as I'd wanted to take her riding with my own horses, but could never figure out how to teach her to stay with them.

    ReplyDelete