Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Victory’s hip x-rays

We took Victory to Rockwall Co. Veterinary Clinic yesterday to get his hips x-rayed so the results could be submitted to OFFA, Orthopedic Foundation for Animals.  They anesthetized him to do the x-rays so they could get the best pictures possible.  I don’t know what it is about putting animals under anesthetic, but every time I watch it, I get nauseous and dizzy and have to sit down.  I just can’t bear to see my animals in that predicament.  All of the horses we have gelded over the years, and every time it affects me this way.  Same with watching Victory’s x-rays.  I felt bad for him. I guess I’d never make a good doctor, nurse, or veterinarian.  Good thing I’m an accountant, instead.  Fortunately, it turned out well, they got some great x-rays, and Dr. Taylor said there weren’t any better hips than what he has, and he believes he should get an excellent rating from OFFA.  Great news!  Dr. Taylor also thought Victory was a gorgeous, healthy, and excellent Dalmatian.  We think so, too!  He has wonderful spotting, beautiful dark brown eyes, great tail carriage and gait, bilateral hearing, CERF is clear, very smart and great temperament.  He loves children and other dogs, and is a joy to have around.  I thought Dr. Taylor was a really neat veterinarian, and really seemed to have a wonderful way of communicating with dogs.  I really liked their vet clinic.  I mailed  Victory’s hearing and hip tests to OFFA today and hoping for that excellent rating from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment